Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Oct. 31st

We are changing the date for high school youth group. Instead of having youth group on Wednesday, November 2nd we will have youth group on Monday, Oct. 31st. The reason is we are going to dress up and go around to homes to ask for canned goods and dry goods for The Hope Office. The Hope office, also known as Project Hope, distributes the food to needy families that come to them for help. 


Meet at Church at 7:30 p.m.
The competitions for that night: 
The team can gather the most lbs. of food wins and the team that has the most creative costumes wins. Extra consideration for the team or teams that have a theme in which everyones costume fits with. For example "Sleeping Beauty and the Seven Dwarfs." NO satanic, violent, or sexy costumes.

Some issues about this type of event:

-The day is different so some people might not be able to make it. Let me know if the date is a problem.
-The question of Halloween and should we as Christians be celebrating Halloween is a hard one. I personally have never gone trick or treating as a kid so I am not an expert on the subject. The way that I am looking at it as being similar to the Senior Masquerade at LC where students dress up and go bowling. The difference is that it is on Halloween the reason for doing it on Halloween is that people expect people to be knocking on there doors anyway. I don't have a problem with it and I have talked to some members of the leadership of our church. The advice I received from them was that the costumes not be satanic, violent, or sexy.

If your parent has a problems with this I totally respect that and I will understand that you can't come. Please have your parent contact me for any questions or comments that they might have.

Thanks

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment